With the Knit Pick's fixed circular 32" needle, I finally see the charm of the Magic Loop method. It really does work. These needles are a great length for me. The others that I had tried were just too long. Double points have a certain charm and rhythm, but the Magic Loop is also quite fun. I've watched Beth and Karen (2 of the best sock knitters that I know) knit such lovely socks and encourage the rest of our SnB to try new techniques or patterns.Saturday, September 1, 2007
Seeing The Charm
With the Knit Pick's fixed circular 32" needle, I finally see the charm of the Magic Loop method. It really does work. These needles are a great length for me. The others that I had tried were just too long. Double points have a certain charm and rhythm, but the Magic Loop is also quite fun. I've watched Beth and Karen (2 of the best sock knitters that I know) knit such lovely socks and encourage the rest of our SnB to try new techniques or patterns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very pretty! I like both DP and magic loop. I have been using the magic loop 99% of the tinme for the past few years because if having a currently 2 1/2 year old boy in the house a few wooden DP have been broke. Plus it is safer for him when he comes running up to me, the needle points are facing me not him as well. I think that they travel safer and easier to. Just slide the sock onto the cable and you don't have to worry about stitches sliding off the needles or the fear of a wooden DP getting broke. Don't get me wrong, I still love my DPs, but currently the magic loop is more practical for me. :)
Glad that you tried it and are enjoying it.
Love your socks!
I have to say, I tried magic loop and it gave me ladders!!! go figure...I will stick with my DPN's.. I guess I am just old and rusted into my habits ;)
But I certainly am happy it works for you, I am always enthralled to watch someone knit a scok on a circular needle!
Look how close you are - they must be FOs by now. :)
Post a Comment