Victorian Lace Today is a gorgeous book with spectacular lace patterns. The Scarf With The Striped Border from Weldon's, Volume 5, 1890, is the pattern that I selected for my first project out of the book. It is surprisingly easy and gives me the confidence to try other patterns from this book. I am using size 8 needles and
Knit Picks' Palette in Petal. It is almost time to begin the second lace border. I can't wait to finish and block the scarf.
The Corrugator – A Corrugated Garter Stitch Scarf (scroll down) is a wonderful pattern that shows great stitch definition. It is a fun easy knit for carrying around, watching movies, etc. The reversible pattern looks great on both sides. I've seen others on
Ravelry. The scarf looks great whether it is knit with handpaints or solid yarn. This scarf is knit with size 8 needles,
Knit Picks' Merino Style in Maple Leaf. It is 29 stitches wide.
4 comments:
Oh - maybe the pink lace will be done by next Tuesday...
Oh, that pink lace is really beautiful. I'm a sucker for anything lacy and pink. I think that I got that from Abby, though. She's *so* into pink!
Yes! Definitely bring them Tuesday. I want to see and feel! They are soooo pretty....
So very pretty. I am excited to see the pink one blocked.
Post a Comment