Saturday, September 15, 2007

How Cute Are They!



The alpacas have such cute and expressive faces. A Wool Gathering is this weekend. DH and I went today. We (maybe only I) had a wonderful time. It was a wonderland of fiber and all things fiber related. DH is so sweet to want to share this experience with me. This is the second year that he has gone. He knows that we'll be back next year. DH enjoys seeing the animals, reading all the history, and looking at the exhibits. Were there exhibits? I only saw, yarn, roving, spinning wheels, swifts, etc. There were so many fibers, colors, knitting accessories and tools. I chose some lovely gray alpaca. It may be another Hemlock Ring Blanket. It may be a sweater. The yarn will be a pleasure to knit and whatever it becomes, it will be so very soft.
DH can be quite a stickler when it comes to grammar. He would like the Wool Gathering people to fix their sign. He complained last year and again this year. Please Wool Gathering organizers, take out the apostrophe in welcomes.

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

Oh yes, they do look cute! So does the little sheep on the other picture! How adorable, that little wood cutout!!!

Kaparoo said...

And I thought I was the only one who noticed such oops! I had to restrain myself from calling the furniture store that used to be across the street (Sofa's Plus). I never understood how a sofa could own a plus and I'll never know as they have since gone out of business...

~Tonia~ said...

Such cute little fluffy guys. Wahhhhh I so want to go. Did you happen to get to see my yarn that was there?

Sounds like a wonderful time. Maybe next year. *sigh*