Thursday, September 13, 2007

Montego Bay Blocked & A Gift For JW

The Montego Bay Wrap is from the Montego Bay Scarf pattern. Using KnitPick's Palette in Hyacinth and size 8 needles, there is a 79 stitch cast on and I continued to knit the pattern until it was 60" long. After blocking, the wrap is over 72" long. The blocked fabric is beautiful (I am always amazed at lace blocking.) and I only have to grow about a foot so that the wrap isn't overwhelming. ;)
The hat and keyhole scarflet are knit out of Moda Dea Dream using size 9 needles. It feels so very soft and cozy. These were knitted for a friend that is dealing with a difficult health issue. A group of her friends are taking turns and sending her a little surprise. My turn is next week and I am sending her One Skein written by Leigh Radford, Knitting Rules written by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, and this hat and scaflet set. I will probably add a couple of skeins of yarn. I am hoping that she doesn't have the books. I thought that these would be fun reads and that the projects wouldn't be too challenging while she is going through her treatments. Our Wednesday morning knitting group misses her and looks forward to her return.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

The scarf looks great. And that hat and scarf combo looks so cozy. Love the blue.

Beth said...

It's amazing how wonderful the Palette worked for that pattern. Great choice!