Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Love Lace Knitting!

This lovely and delicate Forest Canopy Shawl , by Susan is growing and nearing completion. I am just beginning the 18th repeat. My thoughts are to complete 20 repeats before beginning the bottom edge chart. The yarn is Alpaca With A Twist's Fino in a wonderful color called Champagne. It looks like the color of antique lace. I am using size 5 needles.

What more can I say about this pattern? I find it a truly enjoyable knit. It is beautiful in sportweight yarn and looks like it will be just as lovely in laceweight yarn. Next time, maybe I'll using fingering weight yarn - I'm thinking black. ;)

One of my next projects will be The Crayon Box Jacket by Chris Blysma. It is a KAL at my LYS that begins in a couple of weeks. I have a stash of Noro Kureyon in color #74. It is probably a discontinued color, but I think that it will work well for this project.

There will more lace knitting. I'm still thinking about which pattern will be next.

No comments: