Monday, May 28, 2007

Finished, Blocked, and Ready - Leaf Lace Shawl




The ever so soft black alpaca Leaf Lace Shawl is complete and very large. After blocking, it measures approximately 90 inches by 45 inches. I am very pleased with the results. The pattern was fun to knit and the yarn is wonderful. Here is my next lace project - another Forest Canopy Shawl in Alpaca With A Twist's Fino and size 5 needles. Here it is at the very beginning-



This shoulder shawl is a fairly easy pattern and now I'll try it with laceweight yarn. Susan Pierce Lawrence designed this beautiful lace shoulder shawl. This time the shawl will be a larger finished size and knit at a smaller gauge. My dear SnB friend, Beth, has opened so many knitting doors for me. Thanks, Beth, lace is fun!

1 comment:

Beth said...

But will you still be thanking me when I'm begging you to block my FCS for me? ;)