Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Knitting In Progess


Still on the needles is my third Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. I have completed 20 repeats and I'm still thinking about how large I want the shawl. I may be ready to knit the border. IMHO, it will be beautiful. I enjoy the pattern and will knit more of these. A black laceweight version is calling.






Next is a Pinwheel Baby Blanket. This is a simple pattern. One of my knitting friends, T, is also knitting this and she placed markers just after the placement for each YO. This makes it so easy to knit and remember where you are in the pattern. I have been carrying this around because there is no counting and you can stop whenever you want. The blanket is approximately 32" in diameter. I plan to continue to knit this until I run out of space on my 60" circular needle, run out of yarn, or get bored with it. I hope to finish it with a crocheted border around the edge. If that is too *challenging* for me, I'll knit the border. I am very crochet challenged. ;)

This Crayon Box Jacket by Chris Bylsma is a KAL at one of my local yarn shops. I bought a discontinued color of Noro Kureyon at a price which was impossible to ignore. This is a fun way to use up some of my yarn stash. The KAL starts on Thursday and I have already finished one sleeve and just started on the second.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I was always afraid I'd get bored out of my mind with a pinwheel baby blanket but maybe I should try one...I am making baby things you know. :)