
My third Forest Canopy Shawl is blocked and drying. I made it larger (approximately 20 repeats). The blocked size is about 72" by 32". It was knit with size 5 needles and Alpaca With A Twist's Fino in the Champagne colorway. I used about 500 or 600 yards of the 875 yards. It is just a guess.
My next project will not be the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. ;) It won't be easy, but I must move on. I love knitting this pattern, but I don't want to get into a rut. Each of my completed shawls looks so different yet each is lovely. I have used sport weight solids, sport weight handpaints, and now a solid lace weight. There are so very many very lovely yarn choices in the world, so there are so very many more opportunities to knit this fun pattern and have it look very different and just as pretty.

I may knit the Fiddlesticks Lotus Blossom Shawl using their Country Silk , in the Wine colorway. This is a beautiful yarn in a discontinued color. A few years ago, I knitted a wrap in a different color. I enjoyed knitting with this yarn and loved the look of the finished wrap.

2 comments:
Fabulous shawl! And what cool yarn - what is it similar to? Zephyr maybe?
Oh Nancy, I love the white Forest Canopy shawl. I really must get busy and make my first! After I complete my sockpalooza socks maybe?
Now, when are you going to try socks? ;)
Post a Comment