Sunday, April 15, 2007

What A Fun Knit - Another Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl




The Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl has been so fun to knit, so I had to knit another. It is a wonderful way to learn to knit from charts. Susan, the designer of this lovely shawl pattern, has posted a very informative tutorial on reading charts . The comments are also very helpful. It has been a fast knit and would make a special gift. If I knit this again, I will add repeats and make it a full sized shawl. This shawl was knitted with one skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Flathead Cherry. The photos don't do it justice. The colors are beautiful in person. To continue my quest to learn to knit from charts, I am knitting the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl in black sportweight alpaca. I really want a black shawl and hope that it won't be too hard to see the stitches as I knit it.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, look at you...you're just cranking these things out now, aren't you??? I think that I have some of that very yarn in my stash. I never considered it for the Forest Canopy shawl...now I'll have to re-think that thought!

Looks great!

Bonnie O. said...

Holy cow.... You are speedy! That one looks great, too. I have my alpaca rolled into a ball ready to start!

Beth said...

OMG! You're just flying on these!

While you're knittng black yarn into lace - put a white pillowcase on your lap (and make sure you have plenty of light). That's the tip du jour. ;)

Susan said...

Wow, Nancy, both your shawls are fabulous. But I really love the red one. Great color!

susan
http://knittingasfastasican.com