My April Socktopia project is moving along. Tonight, I hope to turn the heel and start the gusset. Socks are enjoyable again - thank you, SnB friend. She is really encouraging and always knows the best fiber activities.
I have shared my sock excitement with another knitting group. This group is through a non-profit for people with cancer, cancer survivors, and their caregivers. I volunteer to teach beginning knitting. Two members are ready to try socks. I really enjoy seeing the knitting achievements of these women.

3 comments:
I've also started my first Socktopia sock - orange fixation for 'orange you glad I didn't say banana?'
I should make a blog button for you - maybe sometime next week. :)
Hi Nancy,
I finally got around to "looking" for your blog site and was happy I found it easily. In looking at your older posts I was impressed with everything you've done but not surprised, after "knitting" with you on Thursday afternoons at Fiber Naturell.
Yesterday I overheard you talking about people asking you what a particular yarn will look like "knitted up" and the difficulty a person has with only the skein to judge. That's certainly true with the multi-striped yarn you used for your Socktopia project. My question is.....what are the "specifics" for the Regia yarn you used so I can go and buy the same thing!
Pat
P.S. There are only 13,000+ people in front of me joining the Ravelry site.
Hi Pat,
13,000 people! Wow! I don't have your email address and I hope that you'll look here for the yarn info. If not, I'll bring it to our group.
The yarn is Regia "6 fadig" Jacquard Color and the numbers on the label are 5269 and 51717. I am guessing one number is the color number and the other is the dyelot.
Have a good and safe trip. See you after you return.
Nancy
Post a Comment