It has been so enjoyable casting on the sock for April's Socktopia and seeing the colors and pattern of the yarn evolve. I am knitting a stockinette sock pattern from Lionbrand. I changed the needles from size 3 to size 2. This is the gauge that fits my foot. This yarn is so bright and "sunny" and I wasn't sure how a textured, lace, ripple or other knitting stitch might fight with the bright colors of the yarn. This is just a fun straightforward sock that I can take with me to my SnB. My next sock will most likely have a stitch pattern for the leg of the sock. First, I want to finish my Broadripples and these brightly colored socks.
Monday, April 2, 2007
April Socktopia - Sunshine on My Shoulders
It has been so enjoyable casting on the sock for April's Socktopia and seeing the colors and pattern of the yarn evolve. I am knitting a stockinette sock pattern from Lionbrand. I changed the needles from size 3 to size 2. This is the gauge that fits my foot. This yarn is so bright and "sunny" and I wasn't sure how a textured, lace, ripple or other knitting stitch might fight with the bright colors of the yarn. This is just a fun straightforward sock that I can take with me to my SnB. My next sock will most likely have a stitch pattern for the leg of the sock. First, I want to finish my Broadripples and these brightly colored socks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment