This is the very beginning of the Meandering Vines Shawl . You have to belong to Ravelry to get this pattern. A wonderful knitter from Germany designed this shawl. She has graciously shared her lovely pattern as a free download on Ravelry . This alone should be enough encouragement for any knitters that haven't already joined Ravelry to finally join in on the fun. Who knows what else you may be missing? Here is the broken record - Ravelry is such an amazing site for knitters and crocheters. The waiting list to join Ravelry takes only a few days. What more can I say to encourage knitters to join? Nearly 150,000 knitters and crocheters can't be wrong.Here is more detail about the Meandering Vines Shawl. The yarn is KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in the Peppermint Heather colorway. The yarn is doubled throughout the pattern. I had this yarn in my stash. I had 4 skeins - just what the Meandering Vines pattern required. I wasn't looking forward to knitting with it. I was so wrong!!! This baby alpaca is so soft and knitting with it is an amazing pleasure. I did the cast on with size 9 needles and immediately changed to size 8 needles for the body of the shawl. The finished size is supposed to be an ample 23" X 87". Since I am using smaller needles, even if it is smaller, the shawl should still be large enough. I am really enjoying this project. It is easy enough to use it as a carry-around project. The yarn feels fabulous. The finished shawl will be lovely. The designer's shawl is gorgeous!
Happy Birthday wishes to my friend, C. Hope that it is a fun birthday and a great beginning to a wonderful year.
No need to leave a message. The message option has been turned off. Just to save you a little time - no other reason. Instead of leaving a message, go and do something fun. With my extra time, I'll be playing on Ravelry.
