Monday, June 30, 2008

Block, Blog, & Box

DH tells me that I block, blog and box my finished projects. I occasionally use some of my finished items. This bright and cheerful shawl was knit to wear with a hot pink sundress. We'll see if that actually happens.
This is the blocked and un-boxed Tuscany Shawl (scroll down for the Tuscany shawl photos) from No Sheep For You. The yarn is Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold . The shawl used just under four skeins (768 yards). The majority of the shawl was knit with size 6 needles. For the last several rows and the bind-off, I used size 7 needles. The finished shawl is approximately 80" by 28". Just looking at the beautiful hot pink color makes me happy. It was a fun knit. I was surprised how much the yarn grew with blocking. After pinning the dry shawl, I sprayed it with water. After that, I decided to steam the shawl. This yarn did not require serious blocking. In fact, gentle shaping is best. I had heard that Silky Wool can be fragile, so I handled the shawl gently. The shawl softened with blocking. It will have a nice drape. Off to SnB! Two finished projects in two weeks - time to start more projects!

After this post, my blog won't have comments. This is because of the Ravelry effect and all our busy schedules. Please continue to visit the blog, but now you won't need to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm thinking that hot pink is one of my favorite colors - it looks smashing! Who'd have thought with the Silky Wool?