Monday, July 28, 2008

Luscious



Luscious is the best word to describe my Meandering Vines Shawl. The color is delicate, the pattern is very clever, and the yarn is so very soft. It was a wonderful tactile experience. I loved the feel of the yarn as it passed through my hands. I love the look and the feel of the finished shawl. It has lovely drape. As you can see, I can't say enough wonderful things about my MV. The designer is an artist by calling and has an art history education. She certainly has an eye for lovely aesthetics and the ability to translate that into an easy, but very effective knitting pattern.
I had 4 skeins of KP's Alpaca Cloud in Peppermint Heather yarn in my stash. I was very reluctant to knit with it because it seemed so fine. The Meandering Vines Shawl called for 4 skeins of this yarn. The pattern states to knit with it doubled. Perfect!
This is a great pattern. Knitters, you should seriously think about knitting this shawl. Seriously!
Note: All the links go to Ravelry.