Saturday, August 16, 2008

Knitting Photo Update

The latest projects off the needles:


Branching Out


This scarf is knit with size 8 needles and Alpaca With A Twist's Baby Twist in black. It was a fun knit. I enjoyed seeing the pattern emerge. The scarf is very soft. This is the leftover yarn from my Leaf Lace Shawl. I did run out of yarn after 25 repeats. The pattern called for more repeats. The finished size is approximately 8" X 57". I think that it is long enough for a dressy scarf. There are 2608 projects on Ravelry with another 2297 queued.


Everlasting Bagstopper

This cotton market bag was knit with size 6 and size 10 1/2 needles. The yarn is Peaches & Creme in white. I modified the handles using SallyC's Everlasting Bagstopper Variation 2. The handles were too long and I tied them in a bow. IMHO, the bag looks cute with the bow. Before its first trip to the grocery, the bag is a crisp, fresh white. I plan eventually to knit a set of 3 or 4 bags. This will be a long term carry-around project. Currently, there are 1042 Everlasting Bagstopper projects on Ravelry and another 1638 are queued.

I seem to be late to the party for both these projects. Better late than never. Looks like I need to review the other popular projects to see what else I have missed. I do plan to knit a Swallowtail Shawl. That has 2259 projects and another 2374 in the queue. Sounds like it is time for me to start a Swallowtail. ;)