


Here is the completed and blocked Pi Shawl. The shawl was truly enjoyable to knit. One of the best parts was knitting an Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern while watching the Elizabeth Zimmermann Workshop videos. I highly recommend watching her videos. The video had many wonderful tips, techniques, ideas, etc. The videos are a great complement to the Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop book. I really got a kick out of knitting along with the video. It was especially fun when she was discussing the Pi Shawl and I was actively knitting the project during that lesson. As I watched, I felt it connected to other knitters - current and past.
The finished shawl is about 72" in diameter. The shawl was very fun and relaxing. I loved the hours and hours of just comforting knitting. The border was also pleasurable. The border took about 60% of the total yarn. I would definitely knit this again. If I do knit it again, I would probably knit it in laceweight. The sportweight is lovely, but laceweight would give it a different look. There are so many intricate and lacy versions. They are many gorgeous versions. I really liked the simple look with the dramatic border. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, Kelley Petkun of Knit Picks had knitted hers with the same border. Kelley Petkun's Pi Shawl inspired mine. Now I *need* to find some vacation knitting. So much to knit and never enough time......

2 comments:
Wow! Pi(e) for everyone! Those are amazing photos - it's just gorgeous. You must make it to SnB so we can oooh and ahhh. :)
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
So gorgeous!
Post a Comment