Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Pi Is Almost Finished

My Pi Shawl is nearing completion. I hope to finish the border tonight or tomorrow. I am currently clearing out a large area to block the shawl. It is approximately 60" in diameter. I don't know what size to expect after it is blocked. I hope to have it blocked and drying by the end of the weekend. The Pi Shawl was going along just fine and then I realized that I was going to need more yarn. I almost finished the shawl with the first 2 skeins. I will be using a small fraction of the third skein. I am estimating that I will use less than 5% of the third skein. In the photo below, you can see how close I got to completing the shawl with the first 2 skeins. So close.... Oh, well..... This is my Canon Camera Sock. It's a quick project to protect my favorite tiny camera. I am using leftover sock yarn and size 1 needles. The pattern called for size 0 needles and 48 stitches. I used size 1 and 44 stitches. Beth, it coordinates with my blog. ;)
All the details can be found on Ravelry. You can see many, many the gorgeous projects handknit by so many talented and creative people. It is so inspiring. My Ravelry Notebook has the details for my projects. If you knit or crochet, please join. It is amazing!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

After seeing how much yarn you had left, and how much border you have still to knit, I'm amazed you got that far! So close!

Also, pink is always good. :)