Friday, December 14, 2007

Thanks, DH!

My DH is wonderful! He got at 5:30 AM on "Black Friday" to buy an OTT-LITE for me! He wanted to be sure that the store wouldn't be sold out. When we returned later in the morning for more shopping with other family members, they still had lamps in stock. Poor DH, he did not have to rush out. I do like my lamp and it was so very sweet and thoughtful of him to buy it for me. I used the lamp to finish the Seraphim. It was so much easier to knit this black lace shawl with my new OTT-LITE. For me, the OTT-LITE really does make a difference. It is so much easier to see the stitches. It is especially great when knitting with dark yarn.

Here is Seraphim. It is blocked, dry, and ready to wear.


IMHO, Seraphim is lovely. It was knitted with KnitPick's Gloss (in Black) and size 5 needles. I did bind off with a size 9 needle. I do enjoy knitting lace. Each and every time that I block lace, I am so pleased and amazed at the results.

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Lucky woman. I have been wanting an Ott-Lite for quite a while. I was the one out on black friday and was on a mission to get things for James. I saw that Jo-Anns had them on sale that day and it was either do that or get things for James. Dang my motherly instincts. ;)

Beth said...

So, so beautiful! There's just something about black that is so elegant. But yet so hard to achieve.
(you don't see me knitting black!) LOL

Angela said...

Beautiful, Nancy!

My secret to lace knitting with black yarn...use white needles. I don't have an Ott-lite (yet) but the white needles helped a lot!