Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wishing all of you everything wonderful for the new year!

2007 has been very good to me. DH is so sweet and thoughtful. In addition to all that he is and does, DH bought me a new camera. I have graduated from my beloved 2 MP Nikon Coolpix to an adorable Canon Elph. The Nikon has been great, but I love the size of my new camera. Thanks, DH! I never thought that I'd be so excited about a new camera! It is amazing that they can fit so many features into such a small camera. Again, thanks, DH!

Here is what has been happening on my needles:

First is an Easy Triangle Shawl. It is knitted on size 6 needles with Kertzer Ovation in black. This shawl is going much quicker than I had planned. It is approximately 75% complete. I love this yarn. It is so soft.
My second project is another Wisp. It is being knitted on size 8 needles with Crystal Palace Kid Merino in Red Cinnamon. This will be a stole. I widened the pattern to 64 stitches and plan to increase the length. This yarn is acceptable, but not nearly as soft as the Kertzer Ovation . The wrap is also nearing completion.
Both of these projects were intended to be carry-around knitting. I kept knitting both while I've been thinking about what would be my next project. In addition to choosing a new project for home, I will now need to find a new carry-around project for my SnB and other groups. Unlike many knitters, I can only knit very easy projects while I am out.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Happy New Year to one of my very best friends! Here's hoping for lots of wonderful knits in 2008 (and very little, if any, frogging). :)

~Tonia~ said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nancy - wishing you all the best in 2008! I miss knitting with you guys on Tuesday nights!

Kaparoo said...

Both look so nice in the pics... you do wonderful work! After watching you create so many beautuful lace pieces and now receiving some Sea Silk from my DH, I'm working my way toward some lace myself. I may be begging for help soon.

I also need to get back to troop hats for my 'carry around' projects. I've been primarily working on socks and can even do them in the car so I've been slacking in the hat department :(

Gonna miss you Wed. but look forward to seeing you next week!!

spinndiva said...

Best wishes for the New Year to you too!
Thank you for the comment on my blog!xqtmrgb