Monday, November 26, 2007

Cute & Fun!

The Morehouse Farm Alligator Scarf is a really fun knit. The shaping is very clever and I found it to be enjoyable to knit. I wanted to keep going and see each set of "scales" develop. The yarn is Caron Wintuk in Holiday Green and I used size 10 needles. With the exception of changing to size 10 needles and worsted weight yarn, I followed the pattern. The scarf is only 7" by 53". I did *not* enjoy knitting with this yarn. My hands were sore and very tired after knitting with the Wintuk. It is very important to me that the scarves are machine washable because they are being given to a toddler and a preschooler. Since there are 2 little boys in my world and I will start a second scarf so that each will have one. I'm going to try Plymouth Encore Worsted in a bright, almost fluorescent green (Color # 3335). I've heard mixed reviews of this yarn and I can only hope that I'll like this yarn better than the Caron Wintuk. If I don't like knitting with Plymouth Encore, I'll try Lionbrand Wool-Ease.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Swami Beth foresees you going to LB WoolEase... ;)

I only knit briefly with Encore once. I didn't find it to be great. YMMV

~Tonia~ said...

I haven't been too excited about the Encore. It is ok, but not something that I would want to knit with all the time.

Kaparoo said...

I don't mind Encore. I have enjoyed the yarn from Hobby Lobby called "I Love This Yarn." I think Beth is using some for one of hers...