Saturday, November 17, 2007

Basic Black

Black calls to me. Black scarves and shawls go with most of my clothing. Black scarves and shawls seem to be appreciated by many of my gift recipients. I currently have 5 black WIPs. We will only discuss 4 on this post. The fifth is a cardigan that is hibernating. The three scarves from left to right are the Potato Chip Scarf, Palindrome, and the Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf. All three are knitted with Paton's Classic Merino Wool out of my stash. The Potato Chip Scarf starts with 110 stitches is knitted with size 11 needles and bound off with a size 13 needle. The Palindrome and the Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf are knitted with size 10 needles. I had to make some adjustments on the Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf. When I first knit it, it did not look correct. Beth suggested looking up the Brioche Stitch and, as always, her tip was correct. I changed the order of the YO and the slipped stitch and added a row 24. I'll show this scarf at my SnB to see if they agree with my adjustments.

Seraphim is going well. I am finished with Row 6 of Chart 3. Here is the progress:


After being home for a week from our fun vacation, I am just starting to get back to everyday life. Thanksgiving is next week. We are having a dinner here and family will be arriving for the long weekend. I guess this time of year is never like everyday life. ;) When the house is calm, I will give my full attention to Seraphim.

There weren't many good photos from Mexico. I'll look at them again and see if there are any worth posting.

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Beth said...

Dang! Now I need to knit a potato chip scarf! LOL

~Tonia~ said...

Black is always so sophisticated and classic. Everything looks lovely!