Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Red Hot Chili Pepper

I love knitting the Hemlock Ring Blanket (Scroll down to 8.18.2007). I enjoy it so much that I am knitting my second blanket. This one is knit with 6 skeins of Knit Picks' Suri Dream (Chili Pepper) and 4 skeins of Knit Picks' Palette (Red). I added the Red Palette to give the blanket more body. I am using size 13 needles. I started it on Friday, September 28th, and I am only a few rounds from the bind off round. The blanket will be very warm and cozy. I love this modern take on the doily. I think it is so fun in red. Can't wait to block it!

There is a Hemlock Ring Blanket KAL in the Yahoo groups. There are many good tips and charts that have been added since I knit my first Hemlock Ring Blanket. I may have to knit a third blanket.

7 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

That blanket pattern is so pretty. I love it in red. It is going to be gorgeous.

Beth said...

The red is smashing! What a brainstorm to use such a non-traditional color. Can't wait to see it in person. :)

spinndiva said...

I adore it in red!!!

Kaparoo said...

:( I'm such a bad SnB'er. I didn't realize that's what you were working on last night. (I was a bit out of it tho...) Better bring it next week so I can drool appropriately!

Unknown said...

Blocked yet??

Courtney said...

Hi, found your blog on Ravelry. I am also on the HRB KAL and just finishing my second. My first one was in red.
I bought yarn for a third blanket yesterday.
I think these will be lovely Christmas gifts!
Happy Knitting!

Nikki said...

Nancy,

Congrats on winning the illustration!
I hope you like it!

It is my cat, Allie sleeping in the yarn basket...

Thanks for all the support, the win was won with all the knitters votes!