First, congratulations to Nikki for her well-deserved first place win! Nikki was voted the winner in the ABC Book Competition. Nikki is an extremely talented illustrator. I am so pleased that she has been recognized for her talents. Nikki truly deserved this win and please join me in congratulating Nikki and wishing her much continued success. Please leave her a note on her blog. Angela, hosted a contest for bloggers who posted about Nikki's entry in the ABC Book Competition and encouraged others to vote for Nikki's book. I was lucky enough to be the winner of her adorable illustration which may be seen on Nikki's blog. How cool is that !??!!!?!!



But before another lacy blanket is started, I am knitting Seraphim. This shawl will be warmer than most of the shawls that I have knitted. The body of the shawl is all stockinette. The border has a lovely lace pattern. I am using size 5 needles and Knit Picks' Gloss in black.


The Red Hot Chili Pepper Hemlock Ring Blanket is finished, blocked and ready for cooler weather. I love summer weather and I am in no rush for fall and winter to come. It will arrive all to soon and stick around all too long. I *love* this blanket! It will bring color and cheer during the winter months. I could continue to knit this pattern. Beth has found an alternative pattern that looks like it would be beautiful. Beth always encourages one to expand one's horizons. Thanks, Beth, I can't wait to turn another doily pattern into a blanket!

But before another lacy blanket is started, I am knitting Seraphim. This shawl will be warmer than most of the shawls that I have knitted. The body of the shawl is all stockinette. The border has a lovely lace pattern. I am using size 5 needles and Knit Picks' Gloss in black.

3 comments:
I can tell even from the photos the difference in blocking between this and the Woolease Hemlock Rings. Wow. This one is smashing! (so is the other, but I think I like this one best)
just as I thought that blanket is lovely!!!!
Yet another beautiful blanket.
Nice and snuggly shawl. If the weather ever changes around here. LOL
Post a Comment