
I couldn't wait for today's KAL to complete my Crayon Box Jacket. It is complete. It was fun to join a KAL at my LYS. I learned several tips and my knitting is better. My finishing is much better. This is a very substantial jacket. With today's summer weather, I can't imagine that it will ever be cool enough to wear it. I do love summer weather and don't like winter. I'd be fine without the cold, snow, and ice. Back to the jacket, I am pleased with the results, but these aren't my favorite colors (orange and green), but there is a lot of stash that is knitted into this sweater and out from under my desk. Glad to have used it. Now there is space for more yarn! :)

The latest project on my needles is the Chevron Lace Socks, by
Susan Pierce Lawrence. It is from
Lion Brand Just Socks. This is a fun knit. I am using Knit Picks Merino Syle yarn and size 3 needles. I love the feel of the yarn. After knitting with the size 1 needles, the 3's seem so big. The pattern is very easy to memorize, very enjoyable to knit and it looks like they will be pretty socks.

My Trekking socks are progressing. After finding a dropped stitch that wouldn't cooperate, I frogged it and have now progressed beyond where I frogged. I am very proud of these. My first itty-bitty needle (size 1) socks. Thanks,
Beth and
Karen for all the encouragement!
5 comments:
The jacket looks great! I don't blame you for not wanting to put it on - the 2:00 reading at Lunken Field was 98.1. Yikes!
I LOVE those red socks!!!!!!
great jacket too!
Hi,
I found you through Beth's blog.
That jacket is so pretty!!
Those red socks are lovely.
Is there I pattern I can get for this beautiful jacket? I live in Spain and do not have an LYS and so have little opportunity for a KAL like this.
I would very much like to knit this and have just the fibre.
Best wishes
Christine
christinebaillie@hotmail.com
Your jacket looks amazing...in fact, I think it was the best one I saw on Ravelry today. I really like your seed stitch border. It looks much better than the garter stitch ones. We're getting ready to do this jacket at my yarn shop in January. Any thoughts on what yarns work best?
Post a Comment