Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Clapotis Is Complete!







My Clapotis is finally complete. This project felt like it went on and on. I thought that I'd never finish it. It did end up much longer than I thought it would. The finished size is approximately 20" X 68" (maybe even longer). I used KnitPicks' Gloss in black and size 6 needles. This Clapotis used about 925 - 950 yards of yarn. I did 2 extra repeats for the width and 4 additional repeats for the length. I did this because I used a smaller needle. Now that the Clapotis is finished, I did enjoy knitting it. On Ravelry (as of 1 PM on 2/12), there are "4430 projects, in 2536 queues" for the Clapotis. With all those knitters knitting or planning to knit this project, I had to see the charm for myself. It is very clever. I decided not to block it. This way it will be great as a scarf or a wrap. It does have incredible drape. With the cold and snow, I'll be able to wear it right away.




2 comments:

Beth said...

I also did not block mine. I love how mine is all curly and didn't want to lose that. :)

spinndiva said...

Love it! :)