Friday, January 25, 2008

Cute! Cute! Cute! (IMHO) ;)


The Pinwheel Baby Blanket is finished! It is approximately 36" in diameter. The yarn is Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn with size 10 1/2 needles. For the ruffled border, I knit into the front and back of every stitch and then used the seed stitch. The border is about 1 1/2 inches wide. It took a lot of patience and time, but was well worth it. IMHO, it is really cute.

There is no photo, but another Clapotis is on my knitting needles. This time I am trying it with size 6 needles and KnitPick's Gloss in black. It will take a while to complete. With smaller needles and lighter weight yarn, I'll have to do extra repeats for both the width and length. The Clapotis is still in its very early stages. I'll post when it begins to look like something.

3 comments:

Beth said...

OK, OK, the seed stitch border wasn't entirely nuts. It is cute. If I even get around to knitting that, I'll pass it to you for the border. ;)

spinndiva said...

it is adorable!!!!!

~Tonia~ said...

The blanket is adorable!