Here is the finished
Chale Shetsoie. The yarn is
KnitPicks' Gossamer in Sweet Peas and I used size 6 Addi Turbo Lace needles. This is the same yarn from the ill-fated
Clapotis. This was a fairly quick and easy knit. The finished size is approximately 68" X 34". I used about 650 - 700 yards of the yarn. Members of the
Icelandic Lace Group on Yahoo are currently knitting this shawl and/or the
Fiddlesticks' Peacock Feathers Shawl. Their first KAL was the
Icelandic Lace Shawl .

DH was just happy to see that the project wasn't another black lace shawl. I would wear black, but will I wear this? lol I will knit a
Clapotis, but I am still thinking about the yarn choice. I am thinking black. The
Clapotis seems very wearable and I know that I'd like it in black.
2 comments:
Nancy,
It's Sunday morning and as I check out your blog, which is my usual practice, imagine my surprise to see the Shetsoie shawl finished. Was it just Thursday afternoon I saw you working on it? It's really beautiful!
Pat
beautiful!!! It is absolutely beautiful!
I'm thinking about clapotis, too. I keep trying to decide on the right color/colors, but I can't make up my mind. I'm thinking about dyeing some of yarn in colors that really call to me.
Black would be gorgeous. Really.
Post a Comment