
As I expected, the stockinette Round or Pinwheel Baby Blanket curled. After a little thought, I decided to add a garter stitch border around the entire blanket. It is very tedious, but it seems to be working. I chose to add a 12 stitch border and did a row with YO, K2Tog to continue the increases. The increase rows line up with the increases on the body of the blanket. I might do a double set of these increases if I knit another blanket.
The Baby Surprise Jacket hasn't progressed very far. It is only about a quarter or a third completed. I frogged it when I couldn't save a dropped stitch in garter. The more that I fussed with it, the worse the dropped stitch looked. It seems to be using more yarn than I expected. While the dye lot is still available, I bought an extra skein. It can always be used for a hat or a knitted toy.
Off to knit-

1 comment:
I'm certainly not glad you had to frog, but I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't ladder back a dropped stitch in garter.
Post a Comment