My latest knitting projects are reversible cabled scarves and hats. All these hats were quite fun to knit and I was so pleased with the results. The felted red rolled brim hat ( http://www.knitaddicted.com/html/28.html ) is knitted with Paton's Classic Merino. The felted off white hat ( http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/hatbucketfelt.htm ) is a bucket style that was knitted with Lopi. I am thinking about adding a hatband and a small flower or bow to each of the felted hats. I plan to use the identical yarn for the embellishment on each hat.
The Fair Isle hats are from left to right, The Madison Hat ( http://slumberland.org/patterns/madison-hat.pdf ), knitted in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky; Fake Isle ( http://www.magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/fakeisle.htm ), with a rolled brim, that is knitted with Paton's Classic Merino; and the final hat is a fair isle ( http://www.johnnysstew.com/pattern/fihat.html ) with another rolled brim, knitted with 4 colors of KnitPick's Merino Style. This is my first attempt at adding links into a blog.
The cabled scarves and reversible cabled scarves will probably be in my next entry.

No comments:
Post a Comment