Thursday, March 22, 2007

Feeling Happy


I recently sent two scarves to my friend and sister-in-law who lives in the Northeast. Today, she made my day! She called to thank me and told me that she wore one of the scarves to a knitting class and received wonderful compliments. Fiber people get it. Neither scarf was difficult, but it is always fun to receive positive comments about my knitting. I would continue to knit either way - ;)
The scarf in the photo is similar to the one that I made for DSIL (Is that dear sister-in-law? - that is what I hope it means.), but hers has an addition repeat and is longer. It was knit using the Little Arrowhead pattern with garter stitch borders using 220 yards off-white worsted weight wool and size 10 1/2 needles. It was my first effort with blocking lace. It was fun to see the project take shape. The second scarf did not photograph (a lovely DK weight merino wool in black and size 8 needles). The pattern is the Irish Hiking Scarf . Both are fun patterns to knit and I was very happy with the results.
Thanks again, DSIL, for your lovely words and passing along the compliments.

No comments: